When you buy the Belkin N600 range extender, it comes with an extender, quick installation guide, user manual, and a CD. In order to start the setup, the process you will need a wireless router, a network name (SSID), and the wireless password. In case, if you are using a dual-band router make sure you have both SSIDs and passwords with you.
You will also need a computer or a laptop with a web browser installed on it.
there are many ways to setup Belkin N600 Range extenders & We will Help you Perform the Steps to Configure your Belkin Range Extender.
Setup Belkin N600 extender using wifi
- Utilize a power outlet that is near to the edge of your wireless router’s network area.
- Plug your N600 extender into the wall outlet and turn it “On”.
- Use any of your Wi-Fi enabled devices such as a laptop or a computer or a smartphone.
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon, go to network settings and search for your “Belkin.setup” and connect to it.
- Now, you need to open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari on your computer and visit http://belkin.range and follow the instructions that appear on your computer screen.
- You can also go to the top address bar and type in 192.168.206.1 and press enter. It will take you directly to the setup page. Click next on the initial setup page and it will start searching for a network (SSID) at your home.
- Now, you have to connect to your router’s Wi-Fi network and click on “next”. You need to enter the network password of your network and it will take some time to check the network credentials. A new webpage will display to confirm the network name of your newly configured extended network, click on “continue”.
- A window will pop up that displays “your extender is now configured”. You need to hit “next”.
- Now your Extender Should be Configured & Keep all the information for you to use your extender.
in Case if your Fail to set up the Belkin N600 Range extender using Wireless Way Than you can try using an Ethernet Cable to Configure the Extender. if belkin.setup won’t show up then try this method.
Wired setup of your Belkin N600 range extender
- Place your Belkin extender close to your network router.
- Plug the power chord into your Belkin range extender and the electrical wall outlet.
- Hit the power button and wait for few minutes to let it boot completely.
- You need to make sure that your computer is connected to your Wi-Fi network and it should not be connected to an Ethernet cable.
- Plug your Belkin N600 range extender into your computer using a LAN or network cable (generally Ethernet cable/ network cable is not included in the extender box). You can use any of the LAN ports available on the extender.
- If you face any trouble connecting the extender, you can try the following steps:
- Wait for a few minutes. If you turn on your computer, hook up the Ethernet cable to your Belkin range extender and computer. Launch the web browser in your computer quickly and let your computer take some time to recognize the Ethernet LAN connection before you start using it.
- Ensure that the Ethernet cable is connected properly to your computer and the extender. Any of the LED lamps on the extender should be blinking or lit up. In case, the Ethernet light is not lit up, try to disconnect the power cable and plug it back in.
- Relaunch the web browser on your computer. You can open any of your favorite browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Safari.
- Open the web browser and a Belkin setup screen will pop up on your computer.
- You can go to the top address bar, click on it and type “Belkin.range” in the URL box. Press “enter”.
- Now, follow all the onscreen instructions that show up on your computer screen.
- On the setup window, click next and you will be taken to the next setup page. Hit “yes” on the initial setup page and the utility will start searching for all the available networks (SSIDs) in your area.
- You have to look for your router’s Wi-Fi network on the list. You need to click on your router’s wireless network and click “next”.
- It will now ask you to enter the network password of your WI-FI network. You can enter the network passphrase of your Wi-Fi router it and it will take some of your minutes to validate the network credentials you just have entered.
- A webpage will appear asking you to confirm the network name of your newly configured extended network.
- Click on the “Continue” option and a new screen will appear on your computer.
- If you are using two networks such as 2.5 GHz and 5.0 GHz channel and your extender supports 2 channels, you may have to repeat those steps for the 5.0 GHz network as well.
- Once, your extender is configured successfully, you will get a message that your extender is now configured. You can go ahead and connect all other wireless-capable devices to your new extender network.
- If you have set up the extender before with another wireless router and now you want to use it with a new wireless router, you need to first reset the extender to its factory default settings.
Reset Belkin N600 Range Extender
- You need to grab a screwdriver or a paperclip and push the screwdriver or paperclip into the little hole on the bottom of your Belkin n600 range extender. You need to hold it for 10-15 seconds and wait for some time. You will see that blue Wi-Fi light will begin to flash rapidly.
- If you now look at the computer screen in your Wi-Fi connections, you will see a new Wi-Fi connection and new SSID (Belkin.setup) will appear on your computer screen. You need to click on that it will now connect to your extender.
- Once it is connected, you can make a right click on the network that you are connected with on your computer and click on properties. You will see an IP address of your Belkin n600 range extender. Most of the time it is 192.168.206.1 and opens a web browser on your computer. Visit that IP address on one of your web browser on your computer and type the IP address in the address bar at the top screen.
- Click on continue on setup page and setup process will initiate now on your computer.
- This is the factory reset we just have performed on the extender and once it is done, you need to re-setup your Belkin n600 range extender.
- You can repeat all these steps that we have covered in performing the above mentioned initial setup of your Belkin N600 range extender.
Learn More On how to Reset belkin range extender
Let’s see if all of this information helps you setup Belkin N600 Range Extender With Existing Router Network.
Thanks for Reading